Today I have Nerium International’s Age-Defying Eye Serum to review. First up, what the company says about the product:
With the hands of time, the thin skin around the eyes is often the first place to reveal the signs of aging. With the years come fine lines, crow’s feet, and for many, troublesome dark circles and puffiness. Combating these issues is the key to keeping you looking younger, longer. That’s where Nerium’s NEW Age-Defying Serum comes in.
Nerium’s Age-Defying Eye Serum is an advanced age-fighting product that works to address all the signs of aging around the eye area to help you look fresh and bright-eyed.
This innovative, multifunctional serum works two ways to deliver maximum age-fighting benefits.
- It works immediately to diminish the appearance of fine lines, hydrating the eye area as it dries to a soft, matte finish.
- With daily-use, this anti-oxidant rich eye serum firms and brightens the appearance of the eye area while also working to address:
- Dark circles
A key component of this intensive age-fighting product is its unique “serum-to-matte” texture, which helps seal in its key ingredients for maximum benefit.
Additionally, the Age-Defying Eye Serum is designed to maintain and support optimal health, formulated with a pH similar to the pH of your skin. This ensures maximum age-fighting benefits in a formula that works in harmony with your skin.
It continues on to explain how their patented SIG-1191 molecule delivers targeted anti-oxidant power to smooth skin while hydrating. They list other Key Ingredients as:
- SIG-1191: A patented, exclusive ingredient that works as a super antioxidant and skin hydrator specifically developed to target aging around eyes.
- I-FIL4R: An exclusive ingredient from White Lily and Brazilian Ginseng that helps reduce the appearance of puffiness, fine lines and dark circles.
- Caffeine: A potent vasoconstrictor which helps minimize the appearance of dark circles and puffiness.
- Jojoba Esters: Superior hydrators, for light, yet intensive moisturizing of the thin skin around the eyes.
- Advanced Peptide: Supports the skin’s natural collagen and elastin, which helps skin look fuller and plumper.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Boosts and locks moisture into the skin for softer, smoother, fuller-looking skin.
- Green Tea: A well-known antioxidant that guards against damage caused by UV rays.
Alrighty, now it’s my turn.
Result: I used this for three days with no negative reactions, despite having quite sensitive skin. I don’t have too much puffiness, but I did see a marked reduction in allergy related puff and dark circles, despite getting no sleep this week. As for wrinkles, I can’t really say too much about that, but the skin around the eye area is very smooth and supple, so I’d say it’s a fair chance that any fine lines would be at least partially reduced. I had my mom try it, but she did not like the texture at all… Speaking of…
Texture: Appearance-wise, this isn’t the most attractive serum. The scent is nearly non-existent, clinical, very much like Clinique or Elizabeth Arden. Where this serum really loses my interest is in the feel and drydown. It’s sticky, almost tacky, and dries down almost tight. It’s a good serum, effective. I just personally don’t like the feel of it.
I know it’s horrible to judge on appearance, but I mean… that doesn’t really look very appealing, and since I don’t specifically need an anti-aging eye serum yet, I’ll likely not be using this one too often.
BOTTOM LINE: If you don’t care about textures that dry down matte or “tight”, then this is a very effective serum for you. If textures are a picky thing for you, then I’d find a way to try this before you buy it.
Product is free of artificial colors, dyes, fragrance, parabens, sulfates, phthalates and is dermatologist tested. Available for purchase at Nerium for $80.00
Disclaimer: Product was provided to Kettle Rose for review, but the views and opinions expressed are my true and honest experience with the product after a fair and unbiased trial.